Third Man Pressing is a meticulously designed boutique vinyl record production facility with a unique customer experience that includes a viewing window for our visitors to witness the beauty and importance of the record making process. Third Man Pressing is an investment in Third Man Records’ hometown, a neighborhood within a city rich with musical history, creating a space that is as inspiring as it is prolific.
As the first pressing plant to operate a fleet of brand new pressing machinery, a purpose-built manufacturing infrastructure with a talented team, Third Man Pressing has the components needed to make the best records in the world.
What Sets Us Apart:
- Operating 13 newly built presses: 8 manual presses ( NewBilt Machinery ), 5 automatic presses (VirylTech)
- Presses can accommodate 12” LP’s or 7” singles according to demand
- Only fully climate-controlled pressing plant work environment in the world
- Closed-loop, chilled-water system that maximizes water sustainability
- Four high-efficiency hydraulic systems isolated in a dedicated, contained room
- Digital touch screen controls for temperature, hydraulic compression, and extrusion speed
- Engineered sound containment for minimal external noise pollution
- Built by audio and studio fabrication experts responsible for some of the most-lauded recording studios in the world
- Competitive turnaround times
- Mural by Cass Corridor artist Robert Sestok